211 Emergency Information

Reserve Your Ride to Safety in Advance - Dial 211

If you live in a hurricane evacuation zone and you will need assistance to get out before the storm, dial 211 to register in advance for a ride.

Dial 211:

  • If you have a disability or special health care need and require assistance to get out
  • If you cannot drive and cannot arrange transportation
  • If you do not have a vehicle and you have no one else to help you evacuate
  • If you want to register and you need to check if you live in an evacuation zone

Types of Special Needs Persons Who Would Benefit from Registering with 211

  • Category 0: Persons who have no medical needs, but require transportation assistance for evacuation
  • Category 1: Persons dependent on others or in need of others for routine care (eating, walking, toileting, etc.) and children under 18 without adult supervision
  • Category 2: Persons with physical or developmental disabilities such as blindness, significant hearing impairment, amputation, deaf/blind, and mental retardations
  • Category 3: Persons requiring assistance with medical care administration, monitoring by nurse, dependant on equipment (including dialysis), assistance with medications, and mental health disorders
  • Category 4: Persons outside an institutional facility care setting who require extensive medical oversight (i.e. IV chemotherapy, ventilator, life support equipment, hospital bed and total care, morbidly obese)
  • Category 5: Persons in institutional settings such as hospitals, long-term care facilities, assisted living facilities, and state schools

211 Phone Line is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It will be disconnected 72 hours before the arrival of Hurricane winds.

Dial 211 for Information on Assistance 24 Hours a Day

Dial 211:

  • If you have questions about assistance
  • If you want to report a problem following the hurricane
  • If you need food, water or ice
  • If you need information on debris removal
  • If you want a referral to the best place in your local community to find the services you need

All calls are answered by live operators, not recordings. If 211 does not work in your area or from your telephone for any reason, the alternate number for assistance is 888-312-4567.